As a private investigator and process server, Michael Kazouris is often pulled in different directions. Being able to effectively manage his time is essential for his success. Frequent interruptions during your day can’t be helped, but you can determine how much time you will spend dealing with them.
Here are some things you can do to improve your time management skills:
1. Spend a week recording your thoughts, conversations, and activities. Doing this will allow you to see where you're wasting your time on unproductive thoughts and conversations.
2. Assign time to those activities and conversations that are important to your success. Create time blocks in your schedule for high-priority items and keep those appointments.
3. Plan to be pulled away and schedule time for these interruptions.
4. Spend the first thirty minutes every day on planning your day and don't start your tasks until this plan is completed.
5. Block out online distractions like Facebook and other social media sites unless these tools are used to generate business.
6. Don’t give people your instant attention unless it is crucial to your business. Don’t answer the phone just because it is ringing or emails just because they are there. Schedule time in your day to return phone calls and respond to emails.
Following these simple time management tips will allow you to get more done throughout your day. For Michael Kazouris, it is essential for him to effectively manage his time to continue his success as a private investigator and process server.